Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Reading - The Book Whisperer

This summer, the administrators in my school system have been tasked with reading the Book Whisperer (see blog and info at www.bookwhisperer.com). So that I am sure to complete this assignment, I have made a commitment to ban myself from any and all other summer reading until I finish this book. I'm shooting for a July 10 completion date as the new Discovery of Witches book comes out then... I'm about a third of the way through the book and am pleasantly surprised! Though it provides instruction on teaching reading,It reads like a story. In addition, the author shares her failures and successes along the way. The way she walks the reader through the process makes one want to jump right in to implementing this program in their own school. My Edmodo status shows the teachers in my building that I'm reading The Book Whisperer. I've already had feedback from one of my teachers, who actually works with some of our most at-risk students. She is interested in implementing the process within her own classroom. Her interest got the wheels in my mind turning. If she has an interest, BRING IT!!! Im going to make sure she has everything she needs to be successful in her endeavor. I will post more on this thread as I move through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment